Silverstone f1 assistance!!

Take a break from car talk. Here you can discuss anything that's not directly car-related. Movies, music, hobbies? Share it with the CarNex community.
BentleyLover

Silverstone f1 assistance!!

Post by BentleyLover »

Hey, I'm looking to book Silverstone F1 weekend tickets as a birthday surprise for my husband. I went to Thomas Cook, and they said it would cost £1050 for a two-night stay, transportation to and from the track for two days and general admission tickets. Is this a fair price? Can anyone recommend other places where you can book good deals? Each spot in the stands costs between £200 and £400 more. Thanks ahead of time! I don't know anything about F1 x, so any help would be great.

ZeusKing77

Post by ZeusKing77 »

Let us put it this way: my buddy purchased two tickets last year, each of which cost him £450.

As ridiculous as this may seem, it appears logical to me.

Lord_William

Post by Lord_William »

The entrance fee for all three days is £185. It makes more sense to buy on Saturday and Sunday.

The price TC has given includes two nights in a nearby hotel, which will add a couple hundred to that. So, it could be up to £600. Then add transfers, and what else does it include?

Look at http://www.silverstone.co.uk/events/201 ... rand-prix/ You'll see that if you did it yourself, you'd need about £75 for parking if you did it yourself.

I'd get Club Silverstone for £535 and book your own accommodations. But hurry, because many places are already full.

Patrick82

Post by Patrick82 »

Thank you! Guessing that the next query is whether upgrading from general admission is truly worth an additional £400 for both of us,

Lord_William

Post by Lord_William »

If you're already spending more than £2,000, why ruin the experience for an extra 25%?

Or, to put it another way, if you get there and think a seat would be better, you'll have to go back in 2020 to change your mind.

ZeusKing77

Post by ZeusKing77 »

Amos is right; I believe the price you have given is fair, and you may even be able to undercut it by a few pounds.Good luck if you do, but when I looked for a hotel nearby for the F1 race, it was 14 miles distant and was costing £185 per night.

BentleyLover

Post by BentleyLover »

Oh no, I'm apologetic! £1050 total, not per unit

ZeusKing77

Post by ZeusKing77 »

Yes, I knew that. I still think it's a good deal, though. Enjoy it and don't worry too much about getting it for much less.