General Navara Technical Discussion

Dive into the technical aspects of cars. From engine specs to bodywork, discuss the nitty-gritty details of what makes cars tick.
CharlieBrooks

General Navara Technical Discussion

Post by CharlieBrooks »

What do you think?
I have a new 2014 D40 Navarra titanium edition model that makes a buzzing sound near the air conditioning settings. It only happens when the engine is working hard, not when I'm going normally or slowly. It's hard to tell exactly where it's coming from, but most people think it's coming from the air conditioning and radio settings. It's annoying because it gets louder when the engine is working hard, and it's a brand-new truck with only 10,000 kilometres on the odometer.

ZeusLover

Post by ZeusLover »

Since it's fresh new, I suggest returning it to your Nissan dealership for inspection.
It's not worth your time to tear off the dashboard while the car is still under warranty in order to find the source of the problem.

It may be like that very lame commercial when the man takes off his dashboard and finds a pair of earrings in the ashtray.

HenryPotterson

Post by HenryPotterson »

I experience the same sound, but only when under strain. Mine is closer to the windscreen near the ventilation... well, it's impossible to say. Would appreciate a solution because it irritates me tremendously

VauxhallFan89

Post by VauxhallFan89 »

The same is true of mine. Get back to us if you discover what's causing this.

JackMaverick

Post by JackMaverick »

ha, mine does that sometimes. seems to be close to the window vents... The one that really bothers me is when the steering wheel rubs against the plastic cover on top of the column. if you spell it that way

Fredrick90

Post by Fredrick90 »

It's not the jangling of the clutch lines on the firewall that's been giving folks trouble, is it? That's about where it'd be, albeit it'd be in the engine bay rather than the passenger compartment.

JackMaverick

Post by JackMaverick »

I'll take a look! cheers

OdinStrong33

Post by OdinStrong33 »

VauxhallFan89 wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 9:49 am The same is true of mine. Get back to us if you discover what's causing this.
I'm taking it in to have Nissan repair it at the next service, and I'll report back with their findings.

OdinStrong33

Post by OdinStrong33 »

Fredrick90 wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 9:51 am It's not the jangling of the clutch lines on the firewall that's been giving folks trouble, is it? That's about where it'd be, albeit it'd be in the engine bay rather than the passenger compartment.
mines a vehicle... but I've examined the infrastructure in the vicinity and I can't locate anything unsecured.

GeorgeKnight

Post by GeorgeKnight »

Sounds: Dumb: I was driving home on the highway this afternoon without the radio on, and I heard and felt something similar in the same area. It wasn't loose coins in the cupholder, though. I figured out that it was a combination of the sunglasses case and the ceiling lights. It only stopped when I put my hand over these.